Hey everyone! My name is Chelsea, and I am a 28 year old married woman. As of today (March 29th, 2012) I have finally graduated for the last time!! I have been in the post secondary education system for 10 years now, and I will be receiving my post-grad certificate in Book & Magazine Publishing. I am looking forward to future and what the publishing world has to offer.
I have always had a passion for reading. Since a young age I can remember my grandmother reading to me before I went to bed. I was always fascinated with the written word. I loved diving into a new book to see what new and exciting adventure was waiting ahead.
Over the years I have read hundreds of books. I go on little tangents, where I get hooked on a specific subjects and cannot stop until another interest crosses my path. I have read the classics, studied mythology, economics, sociology, psychology, mental health, history and more. I love to read and I love to learn.
What I would like to accomplish from this blog is to inspire others to read, or at least for someone to pick up a book I recommended and have it impact your life in some way, shape or form. Secondly, I would love to start a discussion on the books that I post, because I love hearing other people’s opinions on the books I am sharing, and I love to hear other points of view.
I hope that you enjoy the blog, and I love receiving feedback, so please do not hesitate.
Books That Have Changed My Life
(in no particular order)
- Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Albom
- Five People You Meet in Heaven – Mitch Albom
- One More Day – Mitch Albom
- Teacher Man – Frank McCourt
- Angela’s Ashes – Frank McCourt
- Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
- A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Hosseini
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Life of Pi – Yann Martel
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything – Steven Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
- Superfreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes, and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance – Steven Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Blink – Malcolm Gladwell
- Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell
- Sybil – Flora Rheta Schreiber
- Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal – Eric Schlosser
- Culture Jam: The Uncooling of America – Kalle Lasn
- The Rebel Sell: Why the culture can’t be jammed – Joseph Heath & Andrew Potter
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog – Muriel Barbery
- and more! (I post them as I remember them all)